Thursday 14 July 2016

Swirly butterflies

I thought I would carry on the butterflies theme and I wanted to make my own backing paper so I thought why not try one of the one sheet wonder ideas again. One sheet wonder is taking one piece of paper and cutting it so there is no waste and you can make a load of cards from the one piece. So I took some stamps from the fun swirly bird set and teamed them up with a couple of the butterflies from the papillon potpouri set. I used old olive for the leaves, crumb cake for the branches, rose red and so saffron for the swirly flowers and crushed curry and flirty flamingo for the butterflies.
I stamped randomly all over the paper and got the images as close together as I could. so that in the end it looked like this....


I marked out and cut the paper along the following measurements. I have also numbered the sections so you can see what parts I used for which card. I made a total of 8 cards from this one sheet (four 5x7 cards, one 4x4, one 5x5 and two C6 size).

And these are the cards. I layered the patterned pieces on black card and cut some beautiful butterflies out of more of the black card to add some decoration. The dies that I used for the butterflies are 2 sets from stampin' up caller Bold butterflies and butterflies they cut so nicely and make it look like I have done so much more work than I have :)

 Card 1 - 4x4 size.  
The pink strip on here and that you will see on a few of the cards is washi tape from the pop of pink collection.


Card 2 -  5x7
I am entering this card for the lemon shortbread challenge where anything goes.


 Card 3 - 5 x 7
I am entering this card for the watercooler Wednesday challenge that is to make a clean and simple card with butterflies


Card 4 - 5x5
I am entering this card for the fab Friday challenge that was to follow their brilliant sketch. 


Card 5 - 5x7
 

Card 6 - 5x7
  I am entering this card for the inspiration destination challenge which is always anything goes.


Card 7 - C6 
I am entering this card for the sisterhood of crafters challenge which is animals.


Card 8 - 5x7
I am entering this card for the crafty addicts anything goes/say it with flowers challenge.


8 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL creations! Thanks for sharing all the details! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘ANIMALS’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've done a great job with your one sheet wonder layout. All your cards are beautiful. Nicely done! Thanks for joining in on the Watercooler challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amy, what a lovely set of butterfly cards you've created with your one sheet wonder layout. Great idea. Your colours are wonderful. Thanks for joining oru Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful background and cards! Thank you for sharing with us at The Sisterhood of Crafters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The One Sheet Wonder technique is so much fun - and your cards are beautiful. Thanks for joining the Watercooler Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all WONDERFUL! I love one sheet wonders - the paper you made is really quite lovely! And our card is so striking - that black butterfly is flying off the card! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful set of cards! You choose the perfect images from those 2 sets to combine to make your own DSP! I love the color DSP paired with the black accents....especially the one you make for Fab Friday; turning it to a square layout is so fun! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! That is a lot of stamping :-) Love the colors and the way they pop with the black! Thanks for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete